Monday, December 3, 2007

Minty Chocolate Treats

I found this recipe in Parents Magazine and tried it tonight with the kids (they loved smashing the candy canes and rolling the balls in the smashed candy). I still need to tweak it a bit (came out a bit sticky), but it was delish as is! Here it is with my adaptations!

1 box (9 oz) Ener G chocolate cookies (they're the same as the chocolate wafers but wheat, soy, dairy free)
3/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
scant 1/4 cup chocolate rice milk (I think even less, that may be why it was so sticky)
1/3 cup light corn syrup
8 candy canes, crushed in ziploc bags

In a food processor, grind first four ingredients. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add milk and corn syrup. Shape into 1/4 inch balls and roll in the crushed candy canes. Store in an airtight container.

We made about 2 douzen, but I think some didn't make it to the final destination! :)

No comments: